Baseband Member
This is the board:
GA-M61VME-S2

On the gigabyte website it lists these for the expansion slot:
1 PCI Express x 16 slot (Note 2)
1 PCI Express x 1 slot
2 PCI slots

Then it also says this:
(Note 2) The GA-M61VME-S2 supports up to PCI Express x1 mode. (please refer to the VGA cards support list)

What does this mean? Does it mean it wont support X16 cards? It list cards that are pci express X16 as compatible. Im confused as to why it has a X16 slot if it cant use it properly. I am wanting to get a video card for this, but I need to know if it will support X16 pci express cards. If it will run these cards what would be a great card that will play most games while being somewhat affordable.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide me.

TBH i have no idea why it says that and if i was in your situation i would just go out and buy a PCI - E X16 Gaphics card.

the fact is you have the slot why it says that im not sure but my feelings would be that it does not mean it doesnt support X 16 its there for something else not sure what though

i dont know whats going on in there head, any card should work fine. there is no 16x ports that run at 1x, there are 16x ports that run at 8x, and some at 4x, if they have sli but that one is single port.

gigabyte is just dumb, they obviously dont know what they make :p

Back
Top Bottom