Motherboard problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
Hi you all.
I have a asus p5wd2, and it doesn't recognized the sec EIDE.
When I tried to install windows xp, I get a blue page "SETUP DID NOT FIND ANY HARD DISK DRIVES INSTALL IN YOUR COMOUTER"
Bios doesn't recognized it either.Only detect the cd/dvd drive in primary ide master.
When I plug the hard drive in the primary ide,and the cd/dvd in the sec EIDE bios doen't detect the cd/dvd, but detect the hard drive.
Can some one help me out with this?

No one that can helps me out?

If you plug in the HDD in the primary IDE, and the disc drive as slave, you may have to also set the drive as slave in the BIOS.

Make sure you have the drives jumpered correctly. The hard drive at the end of the cable should be set as "master", and the CDROM on the secondary connector should be set as "slave". There should be a diagram on the label of the hard drive and the CDROM positions will probably be stamped on the back of the drive.

jumpers9rh.png

OK I've checked everything, jumpers are ok.
This anotherthing i've found out, when I put the cd rom on the EIDE it bios doesn't recognize it, but when i turn the computer on, and start booting from cd, it does boot, when it comes to start windows, a blue screen pops up.
"a problem has been det and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
check for viruses on computer,remove newly installed hard drive or hard drive controler ect ect ect"

Back
Top Bottom