MotherBoard+GPU+HeatSink Q's

Dangerouz123

Baseband Member
I have the choice between getting the GTX 260 Core 216 or the Hd 4890 1gb
which card do you guys think is faster and gives better performance?

and i am looking for a LGA 1366 motherboard that allows SLI and Crossfire any suggestions? Id prefer the motherboard from a quality company, I was looking at gigabyte but, id love to get suggestions.

And does the Cooler Master V8 come with the right kit to fit the 1366 socket?

Personally, I'd take the 4890 over the 260, even the core 216 version. Better performance, but I think for the price, you'd do better with the 260 unless you have a big hi-res monitor. The 4870 should also be an option.

I can recommend any ASUS board, but I'll let someone with 1366 experience help you with that one.

If they are both the same price, pick the HD 4890, overclocks like crazy too.
and i am looking for a LGA 1366 motherboard that allows SLI and Crossfire any suggestions? Id prefer the motherboard from a quality company, I was looking at gigabyte but, id love to get suggestions.
Here's one from MSI at a great price.

@ worshipme thnx for the suggestion for the motherboard,
and for the video card, im kinda leaning towards the EVGA gtx 260 core 216, cuz of their great costumer services...might ask my parents to throw in a few more $ so i can get the gtx 275 xD

That's not a bad deal.
What does the 260 cost?
I also recommend the 4850x2 for that price range.

The Gtx 260 core 216 from EVGA costs $229 CAD and i dont think they sell the 4850x2's anymore

The Cooler Master V8 comes with the needed hardware to mount it on LGA 1366 motherboards.

ahh ok tnx atomic, and i also heard thatt the v8 comes with Thermal Compond is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom