Motherboard fried. Need to buy a new one and a processor.

thaull

Baseband Member
My motherboard is fried and I need to buy a new one. My motherboard was Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra3) HP Pavilion a6430f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

My processor is "AMD Athlon 7750 2.7GHz Dual Core Processor" and my graphics card is Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

I don't know if my power supply also matters in finding a compatible motherboard, but it's Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

I'm thinking of buying this processor and motherboard, but I'm not sure if they would be worth it, or if there are much better options. My budget is around $130.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X2 270 Regor 3.4GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX270OCGMBOX
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88T-M LE AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASRock A770DE+ AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

It will be used for heavy-duty gaming, so I need a motherboard that can take it and won't overheat, because that's how my motherboard died.

Thank you

You listed two motherboards and one processor. What am I missing?

If you buy that CPU and a motherboard to go with it, you'll be buying new RAM as well, FYI. $130 won't cut it.

I posted 2 motherboards by mistake. Why would I need new RAM if I buy them?

The second mobo you posted - the ASRock one - is compatible with the memory you already have (DDR2-667 or DDR2-800, which is what your old mobo takes.).. However, the first mobo, the ASUS, is compatible with only DDR3 memory.

The processor you are wanting to purchase is compatible with both of the motherboards...

The PSU is a very important factor in buying any computer part, but yours should do quite well for all of that, and have room to spare.

I personally would say go with the ASUS mobo and buy new DDR3 memory - it would run a lot faster that way. In fact, DDR2 memory would be a HUGE bottleneck to that processor more than likely.

Back
Top Bottom