Motherboard Failure?

Havixend

Beta member
Ok my question is do you possibly think my motherboard is going bad? Situation occuring is I've been having problems with my PC and random powering down and shutting off. After a lot of struggling I ended up buying a brand new hard drive, RAM, and DVDROM. At this point I wanted to just reinstall Windows XP Pro on the new hard drive. When I put in the XP CD and start the Windows Setup it freezes during the windows setup: loading files. I thought perhaps it was the disc, but I tried another OS Disc and it does the same thing. I've switched out everything with another part to limit what was causing the problem but it works with whatever I put into the machine. I've taken everything out except the hard drive, one stick of RAM, and the CDROM. I've switched ports which these parts plug into and even switched cables I use. I cleared the CMOS as well. I placed my original hard drive in the PC and it'll boot up and load windows but the mouse does not work, and sometimes at the log in screen it will immediately say shutting down and then turns off. I'm confused on what the problem is. My pc specs are:
Pentium D 3.2 Dual Core processor.
Foxconn P4800P7MA Motherboard

I've switched between these parts
DVDROMS:
HP dvd1040 - PATA
LG Super Multi DVD RW - SATA

Hard Drives
WD 80GB - PATA
Seagate Barracuda 1TB -SATA

RAM
PNY 1GB DDR2
PNY 2GB DDR2
AVANT 1GB DDR2

OS
Windows XP Pro 32Bit
Windows XP Pro 64Bit

Not to test the mobo specifically. My other two computers are laptops. And the only other mobo i have is a pretty old one that wouldn't support my processor.

Back
Top Bottom