Motherboard ATX connection

KevinG1

Baseband Member
I think I should put the photos so it is easier to explain...(so it is not so confusing)

Question 1:

I have this power cable:
img0192r.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/i/img0192r.jpg/
Now do I have to connect this on to the motherboard? This is the plug I have (but of course it is not compatible with the cable and I do not have any other similar cables from power supply etc)
img0193dg.jpg
http://img3.imageshack.us/i/img0193dg.jpg/

Question 2: In the motherboard it has CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2... I don't have to have these plugged in do I? Well I don't think there are any cables anyway that would go in it.

The motherboard I am using is ASROCK x58 Extreme.

Waiting for ur replies :)

1, You can use that power connector with your motherboard. It is a 20 pin, while the motherboard uses a 24 pin connection. It will fit in towards one side or the other. I would highly suggest getting a new power supply with a 24 pin connector so that your system receives all the power it needs.

2. You do not need to have anything connected to those. You can connect any fan with a small 3 pin connector to those.

I had the same problem with my new PSupply, plug your ATX 20 pin into your motherboard now you should have at least 4 holes left in the motherboard atx connector, that 4 pin female connector next to the 20 pin (in pic) should go into the other 4 holes. I hope this helped

Your PSU is a 24 pin but like it shows in pic the PSU is designed to fit both 20 and 24 pin motherboards.

thanks yea..it did .. I just wasnt so sure if I can plug it in since the cable is 20 pin oh well.. yes the motherboard plug now have about 4 holes which should be ok

if you put them in wrong it wont wreck anything, I always guess mine or see if there is small writing next to the pin on the motherboard saying "Pwr Sw'

great..as long as it is not going to wreck anything or make anything stop working thats all good :p I tried my best to put them in their best spot..but was a little confused whether to put some of them horizontally or vertically :p (cables with two holes)...

When in doubt, RTFM! The manual will show you exactly where each one of those wires go and which way to align them. :D

yea in the manual i checked for some reason got confused.. I think I have placed them in the right direction...

Back
Top Bottom