Motherboard and CPU Help

xK1DREAPERx

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

I was looking at the AMD 1100T black edition and I was going to buy it. But I then noticed all the really good gaming computers have an I7.

Could you guys recommend me a I7 that's better then the 1100T

Also could you guys recommend me a motherboard that's intel to go with this, as I have an AMD one at the moment. I would like it to have two 16x PCIe slots as I will be xfiring.

This is the motherboard I have at the moment Eclipse Computers - Product Details

My budget for a whole new computer is £900

I appreciate your help

-Luke

You can game just fine on an AMD CPU, however, I wouldn't go for any of the hex core processors, the quad cores are just as good, but cheaper. If you want to go AMD, get a 955, else go for an Intel Sandy Bridge (socket 1155) build, they have the same performance as socket 1366, but much, much cheaper. Also, I would not use Eclipse computers, all the time they are taking your money they are alright,a s soon as you have any problem at all, good luck getting anything out of them, even basic service.

I would recommend an i5 processor over i7, it is cheaper but will be able to play any game what so ever without a single problem, but save you a hell of a lot of money that can go towards other parts. Using your £900 budget:

CPU: Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Core i5 2500K Unlocked Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor - BX80623I52500K

Mobo: Scan.co.uk: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 Intel P55 Express 1156 Motherboard

Video Card: Scan.co.uk: XFX HD 6950 ATI - AMD Radeon Graphics Card - 2GB - HD-695A-CNFC

Memory: 2 x Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop - CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

PSU: Scan.co.uk: XFX P1-750B-NLG9 Black Edition 750W Modular Power Supply (PSU)

Case: Scan.co.uk: Coolermaster CM 690 Pure Black Mid Tower Computer Case - RC-690K-KKN1-GP

DVD Drive: Scan.co.uk: Samsung DVD Writer, SH-S223C/BEBE, SATA, Black, OEM

I have left pout hard drive for a reason. If you don't need huge amounts of storage, or if you can use your current hard drive or another as a storage drive, get:

Scan.co.uk: Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB Hard Drive - HDD - HD322GJ

(brings total to £893.42 before shipping)

otherwise, go for:

Scan.co.uk: Samsung 1Tb Spinpoint F3 Hard Drive - HDD - HD103SJ

(brings total to £904.33 before shipping)

If he is gonna be using a 2nd gen i5 processor, he will need a cpu socket type LGA1155, with a north bridge P67

Back
Top Bottom