Mother of the YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
OMG........

Alabama not such a sweet home for maniacal minivan momma
By David Menzies

Talk about a completely different interpretation of Stow-'n-Go seating... although Chrysler likely wouldn't approve.

According to the Huntsville Times, Jackie Denise Knott was spotted by Albertville Police driving her minivan down U.S. 431 in Alabama with a large cardboard box perched atop the vehicle's roof. Knott was subsequently pulled over, whereupon it was discovered that her 13-year-old daughter was packed within the box.

When Sgt. Jamie Smith asked Knott about the somewhat odd albeit blatantly illegal seating arrangement for the teenager, the 37-year-old Mother of the Year candidate offered a perfectly logical explanation. Since the box was too big to fit inside the van, Knott stowed the box upon the van's ample roof. And to ensure it wouldn't fall off the roof due to a hard right turn or wind shear, Knott reckoned her daughter could essentially serve as a human paperweight.

Hey, what could possibly go wrong?

When Sgt. Smith questioned Knott about the inherent dangers such a scheme would entail, Knott told the officer not to fret: evidently, Knott had taken the added precaution of securing the box to the van with a wire clothes hanger. You really have to admire such a caring, maternal instinct, no?

Despite these reasonable explanations, Knott was promptly charged with endangering the welfare of a child. At time of writing, Knott was contemplating her unique driving acumen behind bars.

Knot's daughter, meanwhile, was turned over to a relative. Let's collectively hope that particular aunt or uncle isn't planning on transporting an oversized cardboard box anytime soon...
MSN Autos (EN): Alabama not such a sweet home for maniacal minivan momma

Well, why not have the 13 year old daughter drive the car and the mother serve as a paperweight? :facepalm:

You have to admit, there was logic to her reasoning.

There is no logic when it comes to endangering the life of your child. EVER. If i have to get something big, like a box spring or something and i know it wont fit in my Civic. That doesnt mean i strap it to my roof with my child on it for weight. There are BUNGIE CORDS or ROPE for that.

This is one of the dumbest things i heard this week.

There is no logic when it comes to endangering the life of your child. EVER. If i have to get something big, like a box spring or something and i know it wont fit in my Civic. That doesnt mean i strap it to my roof with my child on it for weight. There are BUNGIE CORDS or ROPE for that.

This is one of the dumbest things i heard this week.

She didn't want her box crushed by bungie cords and rope :stare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom