Mother of i7 build finally complete pics (56K Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mother of i7 build finally complete pics (56K FU)

Looks great. I have to ask how much was the price tag when all done?

How do you like that sound card? I was thinking about replacing mine with that one.

I was partially mistaken. The Corsair PSUs are 90% efficient, not 90+ so they are the same as Enermax then. And Seasonic produces OEM power supplies for these companies. Often times Seasonic does not produce an exact model of their own. In fact looking around Newegg I did not see any identical models when comparing with the Corsair and Seasonic offering. I did not check PCP&C or Antec, though.

Also, they do not produce every PSU line for Corsair, Antec, and PCP&C, just quite a few. Channel Wells produces at least 3-5 models of the Corsair PSUs so saying (seasonic) every time would not be correct. Channel Wells also produces many Thermaltake PSU's including the 750W I have seen you use before so if you want to be technical you should start saying (channel wells) as well where it is due.

Just like Foxconn makes motherboards for many companies. I'm just saying that regardless of who makes them, you should call them only by the company that sells them because the OEM does not always have identical or better options. Foxconn for example has a very limited number of motherboards produced under it's name anymore.

And yes, Rosewill is a Newegg house brand kinda like Insignia is a Best Buy brand.

all is true.

although the hx1000 is not 90%

all corsair PSU's 80+ which means that they will never drop below 80% which is not the same as the enermax and where the enermax shines. dont forget that also its easier to get higher efficiency with lower wattage

Oops I forgot to give you the link. The 90% ones are the HX850 and HX750.
Corsair Debuts 90 Percent Efficient Power Supplies - Technology News by ExtremeTech

So is it fair to either ask you to stop saying (seasonic) or to ask you to appropriately label all products including ones from (channel wells) etc?

This is just a personal thing that bugs me and not anything moderation related so you will not receive an infraction or anything.

Sweet, Very Clean Looking :D

What kind of an overclock are you getting with the Rampage II? Is your 920 a C or D stepping? I had a Cooler Master V8 for a short period of time, it does look good, but I found it to be more of a middle class heatsink. What kind of idle and load temps are you getting?

Finally, show us some numbers :D
SuperPi, Vantage, 3DMark06, Sandra, the more the merrier :D

Right then, this thread appears to have run its course and I don't see any reason to keep it open. If the OP would like to reopen it they can PM me or another Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom