Mother Board Help

no , brand new retail motherboards dont come with processors installed , some places do bundles of motherboard and cpu cheap but they still both come boxed seperate .sometimes 2nd user motherboards bought off ebay etc come with processors installed

ok thanks and 1 more question if i were to buy a new processor for my motherboard and the socket is 423 and i buy a better processor with the same socket it will fit and work no matter what right... just to be save because i don't want to spend money on notting

Thanks

erm not in all cases , look on the motherboard manufacturers website , and it will tell you what processors are supported, and at what speeds , this will then tell you what type of cpu you can buy but to be honest i would save up and buy the better cpu in the first place , also before you buy post what you are going to buy here as lots of people will be able to suggest improvements and tell you if it is compatible

i dont get it so i would have to go to the website too see if the socket fits
even if its the same socket pin ??

Even though socket pin out is the same, not all motherboards support all CPU speeds available in that particular socket layout. So it's best to check with the motherboard manufacturer to make sure your selected CPU will work.

yeah for instance intel make
intel pentium 4 socket775
intel pentium D socket 775
intel celeron socket 775
yet not all of theese would be supported by lets say a
Foxconn 661FX7MJ-Rsh as this only supports pentim 4 and pentium d
also the mobo may only support pentium 4 up to 3.4ghz and so if you look at the foxconn website it will tell you what processors are supported and up to what speeds

When ever i go to the motherboard manufacturer site it dosent find the motherboard..?? useless im doing something roung this is wat my motherboard is : Manufacturer : ASUS, Model: WNT-LX, Chipset: intel i850, southbridge: Intel 82801BA (ICH2), Sensor: Winbond W83627HF if you could help me find out the speeds available for my motherboard i would be HAPPY XD

Thanks

hmm , is that an oem motherboard , where did this motherboard come from also which software gave you that info

i both this motherboard a long time ago it came with my computer and i got this info from a program called CPU-Z.... so would you know if i could add a better processor?

Back
Top Bottom