Mother board for intel

Coz1

Baseband Member
costum computer and mother board choices

Hey im planning on building a computer for both games good ones to and 3d art and animation with 3d studio max, Macromedia, Adobe PhotoShop 8 pluss others.
Im guessing the Pentium 4 is great for such a thing becuase I also want to have more than one program running at the same time without to much of decreased speed. So I got this mid tower case called the Aspire X-Cruiser Mid-Tower Gaming Case (blue) it says its compatible with intel and both atx and matx mother boards but I dont know which is better or the right one for pentium 4. This mother board has to be at least 3ghz with 4 slots of DDR4 Ram or lower, multiple 200gb hard drives, Nivida graphics card 256 posible 2 and 100mb internet card. :)

any ideas which is better matx or atx for pentium 4 and also i didnt mesion is amd any good? ....

AMD OWNS INTEL. Trust me you'll be able to run mutli games. I know a man with a AMD 3500. Says he runs MSN, CS:S, and his music in the backyard + spyware, and antivirus software without a hitch.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123243

Epox are a good brand from what I hear. As my alliance leader said (he's been during comps since the 80s) said this about epox

By golly Acid if you only do one thing I tell ya then get a epox mobo they are fast. And bios are good to boot.

atx is the standard form factor for making sure all components of a system can be assembled into a working system. There are other indicators such as the letter code A,B,C,D which also says the same thing. MATX = Mini ATX. same thing just in a smaller package to fit into smaller places. When you order your case just make sure the case supports the same as your mobo specs.
usually the matx will fit in all the other cases but the atx mobo cannot fit in all the various cases.

Re: costum computer and mother board choices

Coz said:
So I got this mid tower case called the Aspire X-Cruiser Mid-Tower Gaming Case (blue) it says its compatible with intel and both atx and matx mother boards but I dont know which is better or the right one for pentium 4.

The case has nothing do do with what CPU you computer can support.

Coz said:
This mother board has to be at least 3ghz with 4 slots of DDR4 Ram or lower, multiple 200gb hard drives, Nivida graphics card 256 posible 2 and 100mb internet card. :)

The MOBO isn't measured in Ghz the CPU is. also if you are going to have 2 graphic cards you have to go with ATX.

Think he meant if the mobo will fit in the case. (Me just checked out his) looked up my mobo info on newegg it was ATX looked at my new EPox one its ATX too :). I'd gow ith a epox socket 939.

Usually, cases that will fit Intel or say "Intel Compatible" will also fit AMD too. The cases are so misleading when it comes to that and get people to buy Intel products instead of AMD supported components.

Back
Top Bottom