Most Desirable Portable Computing Attributes

matt0910

Beta member
Hi Guys,

I am looking to conduct some research and need your opinion to establish the most desirable attributes for a portable computing device. Consider laptops (i.e. notebooks, netbooks etc) and tablets - what attributes do you look for? Rank 4 to 6 of the most desirable attibutes and then assign a percentage to which the laptop and tablet satisfy your need for each attribute. This is mine: :)

1 = Portability (Laptop - 50%/ Tablet 80%)
2 = Computing Power (Laptop - 75%/ Tablet 35%)
3 = Functionality (Laptop - 70%/ Tablet 20%)
4 = Operating system & Applications (Laptop - 80%/ Tablet 15%)
5 = Price (Laptop - 85%/ Tablet 25%)

They're my attribute choices feel free to list any there are no restrictions :D:D.

Matt

hey,

happy to help you out but can i ask if there is any logic to your percentages?
I don't mean to be picky but either all of your laptop percentages should total 100% or your laptop vs tablet should = 100%.

Having said that i can see where your coming from it's kinda like a rating out of 10 as to how important you see each feature on each type of device? I'll go along with it, heres mine.

1 = Portability (Laptop - 20%/ Tablet 80%)
2 = Computing Power (Laptop - 75%/ Tablet 30%)
3 = Functionality (Laptop - 80%/ Tablet 70%)
4 = Operating system & Applications (Laptop - 80%/ Tablet 60%)
5 = Price (Laptop - 85%/ Tablet 60%)

I guess what i can gather from my results are that every portability isn't really that important to me in a laptop nowa days, i mean if i take it anywhere it's in a sturdy laptop case and even the likes of some of the 19" screen laptops although they can be heavy still sit on my lap without any discomfort.

hey,

thanks for sharing your views, the logic behind the percentage is to provide a measure to the degree you perceive the technology to satisfy the attribute. I understand where you're coming from with the value = 100%; but in this case it will be the order in which you rank the attribute that has to equal 100%. For example using the info we could say:

1 = Portability is 50%
2 = Computing Power 20%
3 = Functionality 15%
4 = Operating system & Applications 10%
5 = Price 5%

Then you are measuring the extent to which either the laptop or tablet satisfies these attributes :) - lets hope in the future we get something that satisfies each with 100% ;);)

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom