Mortal Kombat the Movie

I watched some of the old film and was like 'WTF?!?!?!' after 20 minutes. They were like rolling through the earth inside giant balls or something?

I watched some of the old film and was like 'WTF?!?!?!' after 20 minutes. They were like rolling through the earth inside giant balls or something?

Im sure if you never seen the old MK films it would seem like some BS, but back then when the game was very popular the films were the shit! I really liked the 1st film, not so much the 2nd, but this new 3rd one should be very interesting.

This isn't a new Mortal Kombat Movie...it's a proof of concept demo. Just kinda shows off the tone of the movie, the characters involved.

Michael Jai White is awesome, though.

I'd see it if it ever actually happens!

Here's an interesting read on Video Games and Movie Adaptations:

The problem with successfully adapting video games into hit Hollywood spin-offs may lie in the way in which stories for both mediums are designed and implemented.

Game makers chasing the dream of playing George Lucas or Steven Spielberg will always strive to coax human emotion and convincing drama from increasingly photorealistic virtual elements.

The Hollywood machine, in its endless chase for big bucks, can't help but exploit the latest hit interactive outing, often failing to realize it's often a specific gameplay mechanic, psychological meme or technical feature that makes the title so compelling.

Both sides may very well continue to look down in disdain on the work that the opposite is doing, which can doom any collaborative efforts. But where the two roads truly diverge is in the way stories are fundamentally told.

Films offer a single, linear tale that's open to individual interpretation, whereas games are meant to be experienced differently and in a multitude of ways by every player.

Movies are many times inherently dense, layered with shades of subtle coloring and perception. Video games are often more one-dimensional, primarily designed to keep players steadily clicking away or tapping buttons.

Passive and interactive, these two means of spinning yarns couldn't be more unique or disparate. What works for one seldom translates well to the other.

Back
Top Bottom