More Ram or new processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinslayer

Baseband Member
Hello again I have another question I'd like your opinion on!

After I get my new video card at the end of the month what should I upgrade next? Right now I have 512 ddr ram and a 1.9ghz amd processor.

I was wondering if I should upgrade to 1g of ram first or a newer processor, which would I see a bigger improvement with? Currently my computer is used for games like HL2, Doom3, and WoW...along with 3d studio max, photoshop, etc. Would ram help improve my loading speeds more than a new processor?

Full specs are needed, (including graphics card, as that is what will give you the biggest boost (depending on what it is.))

How much have you got?

What kind of MoBo do you have? Is it Socket A or 939 or 754? We need alot of information.

um...not sure. I am pretty sure it is an aopen ak74 for the mobo. no clue how fast my ram is. The video card I'm getting is the evga nvidia 6800 gt. Sorry I don't know much more about it than that, lol.

Ok, open up my computer and paste this into the address bar and press enter:
hcp://system/sysinfo/sysinfomain.htm
On the screen that comes up, press "View general system information about this computer". Maximize the window that opens up, screenshot it (by pressing PrtScrn and pasting it into paint) and post it here.

my guess will be depends on your bottleneck, for example:

the front panel hard disk light is on all the time -> need more ram

but if I am you, I will try overclock the CPU (if your config. allow it) and buy some new ram

and get a faster CPU if u got cash later??

hope it helps.

512MB is fine, you need fast RAM... RAM lag is caused when there isn't enough speed to process what's given to it... it's not caused by lack of storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom