More Problems with my external HDD

dbone

Baseband Member
OK, I was on here a while back with a problem with my WD USB external HDD. The problem was a folder that would not delete off the drive. no matter what I did it would not go away and would lock up if I tried to open (it was just a Pictures folder). Anyways, I finally just gave up and went to reformat the drive. After the multiple hours of reformating I got an error message stating that it was unable to format.

Now the drive is not showing at all in Windows. The drive is being recognized by my laptop...I get the "safely remove hardware" tab. It shows under Device Manager and says under device status "This device is working properly". WHat do I do?

I have tried other PC's with no help. I am running Windows XP SP2 on my laptop. The HDD is a WD 320 GB with an external power supply. I have been searching forums and the WD site for a while and everyone seems to have this problem with no real answers.

I just want to be able to use the drive again (only used for a month before it got all pissy with me). What can I do?

Bought offline and wife threw away everything...I mean manuals, boxes, everything but the HDD itself and the cables....

Back
Top Bottom