More car mods - 2000 Mustang V6 makeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
When racing in classes FWD can be competitive but when it comes to serious racing FWD is pretty much hopeless. Just can't put the power down and the front tires wear out too quickly once you get over a certain power pt.

And I'm not talking about queer 1/4 mile drag racing. That's for pussies. I'm talking about proper circuit and road racing that involves very high speed cornering and heavy braking (as in 120-150mph to 25mph in a few seconds or less) and such.

For auto-x and similar FWD are quite competitive though. Memories of country backroad driving and low-speed cornering in my modded civic are quite good :)

circuit and road racing that involves very high speed cornering and heavy braking (as in 120-150mph to 25mph in a few seconds or less) and such.

No, you're talking about the racing that about .01% of anyone actually does. Because of reason like braking from 120 to 25mph.

Nobody can afford to go out every weekend and run the **** out of their car on a road course. Tires, rotors, and pads aren't free.

No, you're talking about the racing that about .01% of anyone actually does. Because of reason like braking from 120 to 25mph.

Nobody can afford to go out every weekend and run the **** out of their car on a road course. Tires, rotors, and pads aren't free.

If you are local to a track you will do it a lot and be poor. I live 30-40min from Silverstone and all my friends race there any time they get money.

Agreed, that's mostly just for sponsored vehicles and pro/am tracks. 1/4 mile stuff pretty much anyone can do if they want for fairly cheap.

guys if you look into it there will be plenty of opportunities for circuit racing. Yes it's expensive but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

1/4 mile is a waste of time and only gives an indication of a vehicle's acceleration which is a small (yet still quite crucial) part of a fast car.

When racing in classes FWD can be competitive but when it comes to serious racing FWD is pretty much hopeless. Just can't put the power down and the front tires wear out too quickly once you get over a certain power pt.

And I'm not talking about queer 1/4 mile drag racing. That's for pussies. I'm talking about proper circuit and road racing that involves very high speed cornering and heavy braking (as in 120-150mph to 25mph in a few seconds or less) and such.

For auto-x and similar FWD are quite competitive though. Memories of country backroad driving and low-speed cornering in my modded civic are quite good :)

I have no intent to go into organized racing. I was looking more for something that's fun to drive and can put jerk offs to shame at the stop light.

I have no intent to go into organized racing. I was looking more for something that's fun to drive and can put jerk offs to shame at the stop light.

Until a cop sees you do it, and nails you for street racing and confiscates your car. Yes, cops can confiscate your car for street racing. And its at their "discretion" as to if you were just accelerating or racing, and no, you cant challenge it. Yay for america land of the free.

Until a cop sees you do it, and nails you for street racing and confiscates your car. Yes, cops can confiscate your car for street racing. And its at their "discretion" as to if you were just accelerating or racing, and no, you cant challenge it. Yay for america land of the free.

I didn't say I was going to street race. I'm not up to staying out and finding people at 3 am to race on the highway in town.

I meant I was going to shoot up to the speed limit before jerk off in his brand new charger can and make him feel stupid for wasting all of that money. There is no harm in fast acceleration as long as you don't break the speed limit and you know what you are doing.

I didn't say I was going to street race. I'm not up to staying out and finding people at 3 am to race on the highway in town.

I meant I was going to shoot up to the speed limit before jerk off in his brand new charger can and make him feel stupid for wasting all of that money. There is no harm in fast acceleration as long as you don't break the speed limit and you know what you are doing.

Well, I used to think the same thing. But that is still illegal, there are tickets for excessive acceleration. Doesn't matter if you stop accelerating at the speed limit afterward, if a cop did see you shoot out from a light like that he would likely pull you over.

Well, I used to think the same thing. But that is still illegal, there are tickets for excessive acceleration. Doesn't matter if you stop accelerating at the speed limit afterward, if a cop did see you shoot out from a light like that he would likely pull you over.

I have never heard of those and know some stupid drivers. Are you sure that's nto a local law? They way I understand it out here is they can only get you on post limits. and acceleration is never posted. I just checked the driver's license manual they give you when you get your permit and there is nothing posted about that. In fact I was always taught when pulling on to a main road with a high speed limit form a side road you always quickly accelerate so you don't get run over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom