Mono headset recommendations for tech support role

VintageModMan

Baseband Member
Alright, now that I have been working in a tech support role for almost a month I've upgraded to a better keyboard, and mouse and that has been way better over the provided. Just trying to make my 8 hours as comfortable as possible. I have been looking to replace the standard Plantronics mono headset they provide as well. The volume quality is horrible to say the least.

So what I am looking for:

Mono headset
Closed back ear cuff
Lightweight
Good audio quality
Decent microphone
3.5mm jack (we don't connect via usb)

Should I strictly be looking for a call center headset or could I venture into more comfortable gaming style headsets? Recommendations would be awesome! Price range isn't a big deal I'm more concerned about the comfort​ and quality.

Normally Plantronics HS are not bad... But they are not designed for professional use (mostly).
Have a look at Jabra. Many callcenters are using those.

I would also say Plantronics is an excellent choice. Most 9-1-1 call centers (where operators use their headsets for 12+ hours at a time) use this brand. Since you're looking specifically at the corded type, check this page and narrow it down from there:

https://www.plantronics.com/us/category/corded-headsets/
Just for clarity, I have no issue with Plantronics. I quite like their products. A common complaint is the sound quality is lacking. It is often hard to hear people even with a good connection. We have a product with an open back. I did speak with the office manager and he told me to put in a request and he would order me something different if I would like no need to spend my own money. He is aware of the issue however he informed me we could use a stereo headset as well.

Sorry it's been a few days. I was sick for a day and then had a large project at work going on, so not much time to jump on here.

Anyhow, I actually missed the part where you said you had a Plantronics headset. It definitely depends on the model. There are some that aren't quite as awesome as the others, but I've not heard of a complaint like yours before. That's a first. :)

I would encourage you to get something (regardless of brand) that has an in-line volume control in addition to the software-based volume control. Let me know what you end up with!

Back
Top Bottom