Monitors Go Black, sometimes flash, sometimes stay black and require a restart

Take out the graphics card and use onboard for now, see if the problem persists. It's a pity you don't have a different graphics card to test with :/
Also, long shot but could also be a potential issue with your power supply. Dirty power can make graphics cards perform strangely, don't suppose you have a spare power supply by any chance? :p

Take out the graphics card and use onboard for now, see if the problem persists. It's a pity you don't have a different graphics card to test with :/
Also, long shot but could also be a potential issue with your power supply. Dirty power can make graphics cards perform strangely, don't suppose you have a spare power supply by any chance? :p

Took out the GPU, let you know how it goes.

Honestly I've been having problems with my SSD and HDD as well; the connections are broken I had to tape my SSD for the SATA cable to stay in place lol. I had a summer job and made about $1000 so I might replace a few things, would you suggest replacing my PSU? Also, where could I look to file a warranty claim on my GPU if that is indeed the problem? (which i'm 85% sure it is).

Wow, surprised. They got back to me almost instantly. Here's what he said

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us today and I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your graphics card. By design the fans for this card are programmed not to spin until the card reaches 65°C, these cards are rated to function up to temperatures of 95°C.

So 65°C would not be considered a high temperature. Now if the temperatures are getting above 80°C and the fans still aren't spinning up then this would be an issue.

I hope I was able to give you some insight here.

If your screen is going black here then I would assume there is a different issue here. The black screens would not be the cause of heating based on the temperature you are getting. I would assume that this may be a power issue.

Please check the voltages coming from your power supply to diagnose the issue. We have a great FAQ on how to check these values here: FAQ ID # 59025 - how can I check my power supply's 12v rail voltage in my motherboard's BIOS?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
EVGA"

How would I even go about replacing my PSU lol?

Back
Top Bottom