Monitoring computer use

jjimenez101

Solid State Member
Hello all,

I have a company laptop that i use at work. But also use it when I go home for personal use. I surf the web constantly for every single thing that you can imagine.

When I am at work, my laptop connects directly to the company network, which of course, they can monitor the use and block certain sites,

But when I am at home, is it possible for my company to monitor my internet use?

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a company laptop that i use at work. But also use it when I go home for personal use. I surf the web constantly for every single thing that you can imagine.

When I am at work, my laptop connects directly to the company network, which of course, they can monitor the use and block certain sites,

But when I am at home, is it possible for my company to monitor my internet use?

Thanks

If you are connecting on your own ISP then no, but if it connects through your company ISP then yes.

If I were you I would delete any traces of your personel web surfing before reconnecting to your company network as it may be possible for a security Administrator to scan your laptop for unauthorised use.

Cheers

In addition to the above post, I would also consider using Google Chrome in Incognito mode when browsing at home.

when you use your laptop at home do you connect to a network of your own or still use there network or use a broadband dongle?

I think you can delete your personal internet suffering from your laptop before connecting to company network.

In addition to the above post, I would also consider using Google Chrome in Incognito mode when browsing at home.
Firefox also has a privacy mode these days which does the same thing. But as said above if you're connecting through a VPN then all your internet use can (and probably will) be logged regardless.

...of course, I'm assuming here you're in the windows world. In the linux world we can quite happily stay connected to a VPN constantly and only ever send necessary traffic over it :)

has anyone here tried downloading google chrome for linxux? I tried donwloading it the other day and it didnt work or download properly..

Back
Top Bottom