Monitor/Video Card Problem

AlexF1224 said:
I tired both DVI adapters to no avail. When I turn the PC on I get it seems to run fine, no beeps and it starts up well. I just can't see anything on the screen.

That dosent mean its fine, in fact its the opposite you should have one beep, that will indicate a healthy system POST.

if you dont get a beep, its usually on the motherboard or powersupply level.

But just for grins i would try another video card.

If you still have trouble i have an excellent write up i can post for you.

Let me know

mammikoura said:
well try to get your hands on the other vid card. Though I'm leaning toward the mobo being broken. I had the exactly same situation, everything seemed to be working fine, no beeps, all lights & fans came on etc. But just a black screen.

The screen isn't black, though. The monitor doesn't show anything because it doesn't connect. When I plugged in my new monitor it said "check cable signal," pretty much meaning it isn't plugged in.

LambOfGod said:
That dosent mean its fine, in fact its the opposite you should have one beep, that will indicate a healthy system POST.

if you dont get a beep, its usually on the motherboard or powersupply level.

But just for grins i would try another video card.

If you still have trouble i have an excellent write up i can post for you.

My bad. . . There is one beep. It isn't a loud beep but its a little beep right when I startup, which I think is the one that says it is posting.

That write-up would be sweet.

AlexF1224 said:
The screen isn't black, though. The monitor doesn't show anything because it doesn't connect. When I plugged in my new monitor it said "check cable signal," pretty much meaning it isn't plugged in.

if it doesn't show anything it's black, right? lol
but yeah, in my case the monitor couldn't connect either, the light (normally green) was orange.

Hmm. . . maybe. My monitor usually goes orange too, but instead it is flashing green. I hope that isn't the answer, though. :(

I had this problem w. my first build, it turned out I bent the pins on the DVI connector. I was using dvi but i did something and bent the pin, so I fixed it w. a small screw driver..so check your pins. And for the record make sure the video card is in all the way.

ohh, and there is another similar thread. Turns out his problem was that he didn't plug in the extra power cable to his card. Not sure if the 7600GT needs one, but better make sure.

Fuck!! I plugged in a PCI slot video card and it does the same thing, the green light on the monitor just flashes! Should I RMA the motherboard?

Nevermind! Woot! Turns out the RAM slots were bad, so I just changed to 3+4. I'm gonna have to RMA the mobo to get good slots, though. :[

Back
Top Bottom