Monitor signal over range

minime

Baseband Member
last thing i was donin on it was changing the size of the resolution cause it was way 2 BIG
i will try to help i am a bit of a noob

You will get a good response if you can give us more information.

Monitor size? Resolution?
What went wrong? What is the problem?
Your OS?
Video Card?
Was the resolution too small? Too big?

17" monitor
resolution was 800 - 600
windows XP
the resolution was to big i just wanted to make it a bit smaller

What do you mean smaller? As in 640x480 or going up to something like 1280x1024? It sounds like you set it to one the monitor doesn't support.

You should try 1024x768 which is about the sweet spot for a 17" monitor. :D

i mean like the windows was big but cause i was changing the setting and i must have have had it to high that it must not have been compatable but now i cant change it

Your monitor can't read the resolution you set it at. Try booting into safe mode and switching the resolution in there. If you can't do that, you might either have to hook another monitor up or system restore to like a day before, but you won't lose any data.

Your monitor can't read the resolution you set it at. Try booting into safe mode and switching the resolution in there. If you can't do that, you might either have to hook another monitor up or system restore to like a day before, but you won't lose any data.

If you can't boot into safe mode, how can you do a system restore ;) But that should work. Make sure the refresh rate is at a good level, i have seen to high of refresh rates give the over range error. I doubt it would be a resolution thing, since Windows is usually smart enough to know what the monitor can and can't handle.

I meant if the setting can't be changed, then do a system restore. I am well aware that system restore is used by going into safe mode :rolleyes:

Right, but a signal over range error on the monitor, you Don't see anything. You can't get into safe mode to do a restore if you can't see what's being displayed.

ohhh I have it confused with the old days of too high resolution on a monitor (had one of those monitors, crank it up to 1024x768, and the display went away) :eek:

Back
Top Bottom