Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknown company, and a rebate from TigerDirect that you'll probably never see. Not a good combination.

Unless you need super response times, check out WalMart. You can get a 17" or 19" at a great price. Plus, if it has dead pixels, you just take it back and swap it... no RMA, no hassles.

That's where I got mine, and I love it.

Search the forums about lcds and crts, lots of discussions. if getting lcd go with 8ms response time.

Trotter said:
Unless you need super response times, check out WalMart. You can get a 17" or 19" at a great price. Plus, if it has dead pixels, you just take it back and swap it... no RMA, no hassles.
that's a great point and normally I'd never even think of WalMart for PC equipment..

that's a great point and normally I'd never even think of WalMart for PC equipment..

When you have to earn your own money and support a family, you figure out how to be creative and how to save money real quick.

I bought my comp at WallyWorld way back when (I have tricked it a bit since), so I knew they had them. Less that $300 for a 19"... can't beat it.

If you can live with a little ghosting...

Bang for the buck, that's my motto.

Check out www.buycom. Two weeks ago I bought a 19" Samsung LCD monitor for under $300 shipped. I was using promotion codes that you can get from places like www.supercoupon.com or www.fatwallet.com I have bought a few items from different companies using these promotion codes and they have saved me a lot of money.

I am sure there are many of us that use the promotion codes.

As for TigerDirect, I have heard that you almost never receive your rebate checks.

You don't necessarilly need to waste money on an 8ms. I have a 12ms and have never seen ghosting with it

same here, no ghosting. Of course, I am not a gamer. A true gamer wouldn't be happy with 12ms. So unless you are gaming or doing some heavy duty CAD, Photoshop type work a 16ms and down should work fine for you. I didn't see you list what price range, but this week I ordered a 17" Princeton 12ms for my 5 year old to use. It only cost $201 shipped. I paid $242 for my 19" Samsung shipped but that was a special price from the normal $369. I bought all these on buy.com....Heck I saw a 17" LCD monitor on Ecost.com last night for $185 after $50 rebate, but can't vouch for the brand. I can say that for what my 5 year old does, the Princeton is great for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom