Monitor question

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, im looking into a new monitor, i just dont know what to get.

currently, i have two 17 crt's side by side, and id like to replace them with a flat panel, but seeing as my dads 19" wide is shorter than one of my 17's im a little edgy on getting one. im looking at an acer 22" 5ms on newegg

Newegg.com - Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

but first im just wondering if anybody out there has a pic of a 22" next to a 17" just to see what im getting myself into.

also, i want to make sure that it will fit and look ok in this setup

12-31-07_1724.jpg

Believe it or not, the bigger TFTs are not as huge as people things they are going to be. I think we are just all out there still remembering the good old 21" CRT which used to take a good deal of desktop real-estate.

I am currently kicking a 24" TFT. I was expecting that it would of been huge, but it not.

However in current set up, if you are going to have 22" with one your your existing 17", then you might want to turn your desktop PC 90 degrees so you can fit every thing on the one desk.

Dont forget, a 19" widescreen is actually 19" corner to corner while a 17" crt is only 15.x". LCD screens are measured by viewable size while crts were measured by corner to corner.

I loves me 24" lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom