monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerner

Baseband Member
Hello, I'm having a problem with my monitor! When i try to play one of my daughters game cds the monitor turns black and says "out of range" other games work? This game use to be ok too! my monitor is set at 60 hertz !!
Its a Benq 19'' LCD.

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Rolly~

It sounds like the display for the game has been changed.

Normally you should go into the game and reduce the size, but since you can't even get in... that's a bit out of the question.

I'd recommend uninstalling the game and deleting any old installation/preference files then re-installing. If it worked at one time, the defaults should work again.

If this doesn't work, post the name of the game and maybe someone knows how to edit a config file from the game to fix this.

Its probably running under 800x600 which would be out of range for the monitor. Hook up a CRT to the machine, fix the settings in the game, then return it to the LCD.

Shawn you may be right! my monitor is set at 800x600 ! but it did work at one time on this monitor, could i just change the settings of the monitor? or what should the settings be? I keep it at 800x600 so i can see better! first time with an LCD !

Thanks
~Rolly~

The reason i'm thinking its the settings of the monitor or something is i have been tinkering a little trying to get my tv out to work? But thats another story !!!:confused:

Thanks again
~Rolly~

Bla!!
I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't work!! It was worth a try, i never thought of that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom