Monitor Picture Won't Stay On

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFHANNSPREE

Beta member
I have a 25" HANNSPREE monitor and I am having a severe issue with it. I turn it on and the screen goes black after about 3 seconds. The power is still on, and the power light is blue (active). When the monitor is idle, it is amber. I am currently on my old monitor in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue. Any help will be very much appreciated and I will answer any question that you might have, which would in result help me solve my issue.

Thanks

This is exactly the same issue I am having with my monitor. The only thing I found when researching this basically says that it has to do with the backlight (the light illuminating the screen so you can see it). Since the screen is mostly fine as the picture shows for about 3 seconds. It has to do with the backlight going out for whatever reason. Fixing this isn't really an option because you void your warranty and most likely will need a real deep understanding of the parts to be able to replace it.

If your warranty expired then your only option is to replace the monitor.

An easy way to tell if it is the backlight, shine a flashlight on it, at a 45* angle. If you can see the Windows desktop, then it is the backlight. I had to do this on a laptop 4 months ago. Just bought a new screen, with backlight included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom