Monitor Keeps going Blank! need help please

Insan3aznboii

Baseband Member
alright here is the situation. i notice that every single time im playing my mmorpg game (Cabal) during intense graphical fighting my computer monitor goes black but weird part is i still hear the game playing? is it because my graphics card cant handle the game im playing? or is it the monitor? the monitor is pretty old probably around 4 or 5 years?.. not to sure when i got it but its a gateway flat screen. but other than that my computer is relatively up to date. i have a 9600 GT Superclocked edition gpu. i mean shouldn't at least a 9600gt handle these type of games? plus i know for sure my psu is good. its a OCZ StealthXstream 600w. im all out of ideas to y this would happen. if you can help me i would really appreciate it. thanks guys

Doesn't sound like it's the monitor--but try a different one just to rule it out, probably the software or gfx card. First thing I would do is fiddle with the graphics options (if any) in the game that you are playing..lower the resolution and 3D detailing. Otherwise try the on-board graphics card of your computer if you have one.

ok so this is what i did. i switch my monitor to my old CRT monitor and the same problem occur. so definitely it couldn't be my monitor right? then i tried messing with the resolutions and everything and still same thing happens. im just starting to think my gpu is weak. i mean i bought this card (9600 gt superclocked) right when it came out but it couldn't even handle a mmorpg? is this possible? should i just get a better gpu? or is there anything to solve it? please guys i need your help

just because the graphics card is recent, doesnt mean it will run all the games good, even some of the best ones cant run some games thats released way back.
Maybe update your graphics driver.

sorry forgot to mention i did update the latest drivers off the website... so any other suggestions guys? should i get a new gpu that can handle more and better games? if so what do you recommend i should buy just so i don't make the same mistake again and get a weak gpu..

someone? anyone?

Back
Top Bottom