Monitor Help please!

Jlang6

Beta member
Hello I am new to this forum. and I was wondering if anyone could help me. This morning I had to hardboot my computer because it froze. Upon restarting it, I had no display on my monitor (LCD connected via DVI). So i tried connecting an old crt monitor I have with the VGA connection, It worked (after I unplugged the DVI monitor). Once I got video on the crt, i then reconected the DVI monitor and reconfigured it as my primary monitor, and selected it as the only attacthed monitor, then I unplugged the crt. The problem is that now, everytime I restart the computer, I get no display on the LCD, and I have to go through this whole process again to get it up and working, and to make matters worse, I don't have all the resolution settings that I had for the LCD (there were 8) now I can only select from all 8 if I am using the CRT on the VGA port and I can only select from 3 for the LCD. If anyone could offer some help, I would greatly appreciate it!

I am running Vista Home premium and my video card is an Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT

Maybe you had a driver problem? I don't really know. Most monitors are plug and play, but if you need software or something for your monitor you should try reinstalling them.

I tried updating the drivers and it said I was up to date. I also tried a system restore, but that didn't help either

Maybe the cable has gone bad? Although I don't see how as it works after you plug in the CRT. But still something to give a shot at.

Back
Top Bottom