monitor coating

GRamirez

Baseband Member
Does the coating on my monitor screen affect the picture quality. I washed the screen with windex and i'm not sure wether i damaged the coating. All the coating is is anti-static right? Nothing I should worry about for image quality?

if its a standard crt then its just like any other glass you cant harm it.

flat panels can be a little more tricky

what do you mean by flat panel? LCD? Because I have a NEC FLAT SCREEN Multisync fe770 CRT monitor.

The surface is treated with a special cover that helps against glare and s"starbrights". Basiclly, it helps to control the bleeding of color onto other dots. There 1000s of dots that make up a monitor. Since most monitors are non-interlaced (the oppisite of a TV) the dots are perfect and run across each other. That's why a computer monitor is much more crisp then a TV. The coating on your screen affects the amount of color bleeding and glare.

Bottom line...WINDEX...WRONG. Yes, you can damage your monitor when it come to quality of picture.

To clean a monitor use special monitor cloths that you can get in a computer store. Or do what I do and use a VERY soft rag (not paper towels) warm slightly soapy water (I use baby soap) and clean. To dry I take a VERY soft dry rag and wipe until all streaks and mositure are gone.

GRamirez said:
Does the coating on my monitor screen affect the picture quality. I washed the screen with windex and i'm not sure wether i damaged the coating. All the coating is is anti-static right? Nothing I should worry about for image quality?
Yeah, like they all said don't be worried about that - normal glass is ok - TFT Monitor would be different.

You did it on your TFT! AHHHHH!!!!! Well, its not going to be as clear as it was before.

Back
Top Bottom