Monitor and TV hook up to computer

A single 1080ti can run 4k respectably but you'll have dips into the 50s and sometimes 40s depending on the game. A 1080 will average most games in the 40s sometimes 50s.

The 1060 is quite a bit more powerful than the standard 1050, and the 6GB card commands a higher price than the 3GB card. Now before the mining explosion and deflation (cards haven't levels again yet, too soon after the fallout) the 3GB was around 189 and the 6GB around 239. For standard 1080p the 6GB card is a force to be reckoned with. 4k is just a totally different story and demands quite a bit of power. When I went 4k in 2015 I had dual Titan X Maxwell cards that are about the same power as 1070s in SLI. Even under water and highly overclocked they weren't enough to what I'd call "properly" push 4k. Not even 3 cards on titles that properly scaled. I didn't go back to 4k until a few months ago when I moved over to the TItan XPs which are essentially 1080ti SLI.

Now when it comes to what is acceptable everybody is going to be different. I absolutely cannot stand a dip under ~50fps in any circumstance which is why I reverted to 1440p ultrawide until I acquired the new cards. I also don't like to sacrifice in visual fidelity except in some circumstances like in BF1 I turn off foliage, high quality lighting, and shadows just to give myself more of an edge (not necessarily for FPS, but the extra FPS is nice). If you're ok with averaging between 50-70fps depending on the title and/or turning down some settings a single 1080ti WILL run everything in 4k decently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom