Mojave Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
wasn't sure if this should go in Windows section as it's more info than anything ;)

The "Mojave Experiment"

you'll know what it's about...needless to say...it's one of the things I've always known

Just enlightening info...any windows/Vista haters or know of any, make sure they tune in to the site :D

First heard about this on Gizmodo, and I gotta say I was skeptical.
What kind of idiots can't tell one os from the other, let alone the same os from itself! 120 various computer users (yeah ok...) from which mental institution? And all the hardcore Mac and Linux fans in the select 120 absolutely 'loved' the new microsoft os? pfft...yeah I believe that.
And WOW, 10 whole mins to get a feel for a whole os. 10 mins is just enough to get the user dazzled by vista's pretty colors...awsome, totally accurate review? I don't think so
I think this is just another desperate ploy by microsoft to get some popularity for Vista.

On the flip side, a lot of the 'vista-haters' are just influenced by the people around them, denouncing vista before even trying it, so there's a bit of merit to this. only a bit tho.

How do you know they're going to use vista's "pretty colors" ? For all you know, they could be setting it on Classic...

How do you know they're going to use vista's "pretty colors" ? For all you know, they could be setting it on Classic...

true, they could. Just that kinda looks a big fugly :), and they want a good review right?

Not true. They could have set it to many other themes. They could have put a XP theme on there as well just to make sure that people didnt know what it was.

Plus this was a ploy. It was slated as Microsoft's next OS. Which right now still looks almost identical to Vista. So they wouldnt really know that was Vista till they were told.

Just like Longhorn still looked exactly like XP till it turned into the Vista beta where they finally started to tinker with the looks.

That is how Microsoft works with the beta process. The first builds after a OS release are almost exactly the same as the old one. Look at some real screenshots of Windows 7. I looks like VIsta. No one would know the real difference if they were using Vista or Windows 7 in that case.

good point, but in terms of what Microsoft is trying to do with this experiment, I still say the whole 'test' side of it is ********
Vista does look good, or whatever theme they put on these pcs had to look good. Microsoft is trying to say people don't acutally hate vista, that's true for some and not true for others. the whole 'M' team jumping around saying 'yay yay told you so' after 120 people had a 10 min demo with a (maybe) slightly altered os said 'yep this is good, r u gonna pay me now?', I can't accept that as any sort of plausible result.

It's not a fair test, nor a fair result. I'm not saying vista is a bad os, it's just nothing special.

Okay first off where does it say anywhere that these people got paid for doing this? That is a total fabracation. They did not get paid. While 10 minutes is not really enough time to give a accurate feedback saying they got paid is just utterly wrong. It never said anywhere that these 120 people got paid for doing this experiment.

Plus it never said the OS was altered at all. I wsa just giving some feedback as to how it could have been altered. But they never said it was.

So you saying that is just wrong cause you do not know. If these people went in thinking that it was a new OS and didnt get anything other that 10 minutes on the PC out of it how is it not fair? They did not get paid for their answers. So how is it that people are giving false answers.

It woudl be like you walking into a Apple Store and getting to play with the iPhone for 10 minutes and then giving a answer to a few questions. IS that not fair? IT is no different other tha Microsoft is putting up some results from it to show people when asked really do not hate Vista if they do not know that they are using it.

Can do this same test for OS X and jsut about any version of Linux and get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom