Modifying a bootable iso - I must be doing sthg wrong..

dalchina

Beta member
Hi, I have a bootable iso (yep, burn it, the CD boots..fine).

But I want to change one file on it.

Ok, it's an old problem, and I've read many posts and articles, and tried several tools such as Poweriso, Winiso, Starburn..

So, even if I try just to recreate the same disk by extracting the boot image, extracting the files/folders and rebuilding this into an iso, if I burn that, I just have a blinking white cursor top left.

The iso I've created is deemed 'bootable'.

Now I'm guessing it's maybe not being pointed to the boot.catalog file, so executes nothing.

There must be something obvious I'm missing.. any ideas? Thanks!

Hi, it's actually the Paragon Backup and Recovery boot CD (ISO file), but for this version it's in German. So what I wanted to change was just a cd.cfg file (text) following an almost identical earlier version.

What I ran into was that the CD I created didn't boot - flashing white cursor. So I'm simply trying to recreate the German ISO changing no files as proof of concept of creating a bootable CD.

Unfortunately extracting the boot image, and the files, and using an appropriate tool to rebuild an ISO just doesn't produce a bootable CD when I burn the ISO in the same way as I burn the original ISO.. which does yield a bootable CD.

Back
Top Bottom