Modem Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPate83

Baseband Member
My lil bro was surfing the web last week and when I tryed to get back online the modem kept saying that it couldnt connect. I have two other computers and a laptop that are having the same problem. I think he is going to the same website everytime and getting the virus. I ended up having to wipe the whole HD......

Are you asking something in particular?

It is possible that it is a virus. I would do a virus/spyware scan on the computers with updated scanners before you start wiping.

Tell your bro to stay away from the pr0n sites :D :D j/k

LOL I have my computer passworded up now. I went ahead and wiped it anyways cause i didnt have anything really important.

I use the following:

AVG free edition (just for viruses or virii....whatever)
Ad-Aware (for adware/spyware)
Spybot S&D (for adware/spyware)

Just do a Google search or a forum search(in my sig) for links to the above.

Thanks for the help!! this is off subject but how do you get a cool avatar and a cool sig?

I dont know if you are calling mine cool, if you are, then thanks:D

I made my own sig and avatar. Most other members here make their own as well.

After you have made a signature, you have to upload it to a image hosting website like www.eraserinc.com . Then you link the URL of that hosted pic to your sig, and voila! You have a graphical sig.

Just make sure that your sig isnt bigger than 468x120 pixels, or else the "Sig Santa" will come and take it away (along with your priviledge to have a sig."

You may want to get zonealarm too. If you dont want that then get a router/firewall. Best to keep yourself safe. (Dial-up may be slower if you use the firewall though)

Most advance users use photoshop for sigs and avatars. You may just want to search the net for a cool image and edit it in paint or something.

You can also google sig makers, here is one I found:

Clicky

JPate83 said:
Yes you do have a cool avatar and sig! How do you make them?

Thanks!

I just made a new thread about creating sigs.

You may want to get zonealarm too. If you dont want that then get a router/firewall. Best to keep yourself safe. (Dial-up may be slower if you use the firewall though)

Good call, I forgot to mention that:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom