Modem Troubles

well our modem(s) have sucked lately. my dad got bad so he shutdown the internet :mad: then when he tried to turn it back on it didnt work. my mom being how she is she wouldnt let me or my brother try to fix it show she called our ISP and have them come fix it. well my brother changed to password to the modem from "password" for obvious reasons. well the guy couldnt figure out the password so he gives us a new modem:confused: to me i would have opted to reset the modem ;) but of course replacing the modem and charging us 80$ is the only thing he knows how to do. now after my brother changed the settings to allow one of our computers to have the modems IP the new modem somehow completely fried. you cant even log into it:confused:. it worked even when that computer had the modems IP. but my mom said it didnt work, this time she let us try to fix it a little. my thought is that it simply overheated...i think my mom puts it somewhere where it couldnt get rid of the the heat.

now since my sister is out of town and my parents are going to a wedding out of town me and my brother have no internet expect this "slow" version ;)

now i want to know why our modems keep dieing? i wouldnt want to be that guy if he charges us another 80$ for a modem. he will get an ear full from me and my brother...

Back
Top Bottom