modem,modem & modem...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

micheal

Solid State Member
I have done a thousand times........reinstalling both modem as well as its driver.
After disconnecting if i try to connect again i wil see that i am having no modem!!!!!. Then i will have to "touch up" the modem and then reinstall the driver.can any body tell mewhat may the problm?Is it something like a loose contact?how can i clear out this problm?

Having a gigabyte motherboard & internal modem(56kbps modem for dialup),OS is XP.

-Check for newer drivers
-Flash BIOS
-Replace 56k Connection Cord
-Make Sure Windows Has Newest Updates
-Finally, Contact Gigabyte, Even Though They Are P.O.S.

"56k Connection Cord" -- well, i didnt understand what exactky u mean by this.The driver is already updated.

I meant the line cord that connects your phone line to your PC, might not be your MoBo or Modem, but your cord might have shorts or something.

nitestick said:
strange. is it an internal pci/isa or is it integrated? try running thru the install new hardware dialogue up until it gives u a list of whats installed. if the modem is in the list cancel out of it. some times this works

As u said i ran contrl panel - add hardware wizard.I got a list of devices including modem.But ther is no option to cancel it from the list.

"but your cord might have shorts or something" -- Can that happen?Becoz I am getting it right by touching the modem alone and code kept idle.

Can it be a hardware problm or a software problm?How come my finger touch awakes the modem!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom