modem disconects with vidoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

illstaytru2u

Solid State Member
ok i have att dsl or whatever its called (formerly sbc yahoo dsl) and the modem is a 2wire 1070-B and i have it bridged so i could hook up my linksys BEFW11S4 (router wont work without it bridged) but when ever i go to some sites that have videos it loses the connetion and i have to restart the router... the router is in pppoe (or whatever its called lol) but when i put it in direct or something it works fine cause the computer handles the pppoe...so what can i do to get the videos working with out disconnecting with the router on pppoe

What's the firmware version on that router? Look on the bottom, there should be a sticker that tell you the version. I need to know the firmware version and the device version also.

I just edited my post, need to know the product version also. There should be a sticker on the router that will tell you.

You have the latest firmware, so the problem might be with that firmware or some other setting on the router that might be disable. Are you connected to it wirelessly when you lose connection during the video?

no the only thing i use with wireless is my psp...i have it connected directly to my computer and when i go on msn vidoes or whatever the connection drops...wierd thing is that when i have it do direct on router and let the computer handle the pppoe it works...so mabey it has to do with a port???or idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom