Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasquatch 45

Solid State Member
How to Mod Your Xbox Using Sid 4.0 By Sasquatch 45

Requirements:

1. An Xbox With Xbox Live
2. Action Replay
3. Tom Clancy's Splintercell Original Version (No Platinum Hits)
Linux Files Download Here :
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8338270/sid.4.0.nknave.edition.xbox-hq.rar.html
4. Winrar Download Here:
Code:
http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

Step 1. Install Winrar and ActionReplay (AR) onto your computer

Step 2. Open the linux files you downloaded in Winrar and extract SID4.NK.Launcher and the SplinterCell NTSC Files to a folder.

Step 3. Plug in the usb cord for AR into your computer. Plug in the memcard into that.

Step 4. Bring up the AR menu.

Step 5. Drag both of the files to the memory card column of the AR menu

Step 6. Once you have both files on your memorycard, remove it from the usb cord and bring it over to your xbox, plug it in a controller, and turn on the xbox without a game in.

Step 6.
Transfer the files onto your hard drive. To do this go to the "Memory" screen from yourdashboard.When you get into the memory menu, click on the memory card (by pressing left on the D-Pad) and select it by pressing A. When you get into your memory card and find the file, you might have to press the right button on your D-Pad to select the file and then choose copy. once both files are done copying, your done...with this step

Step 7. Put Splintercell into your xbox.

Step 8. Go to Start Game, click LINUX, and you wont see any check points, but still press A for the Check Points twice. Then the installer should load up. A big blue screen you have popped up now.

Step 9. YOU MUST DO THIS STEP!!!! go to 'CREATE MS BACKUP'. This is incase you want to unmod your Xbox for any reason.

Step 10. DO THIS STEP TOO!!!! Go to 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. If you do not do this step, the installer will not let you move on. After you click that, a new menu will come up. In that menu, click 'CREATE EEPROM BACKUP'. When that is done, click 'BACK TO MAIN MENU'.

Step 11. Now that your back in the main menu go to install soft mod. Here's what you should be choosing for each menu (this goes in order):
a] Click Dual Boot for NTSC
b] Click Knaves Ndure, Open tray = Retail
c] Choose either the Installation for EvolutionX or UnleashX. For a beginner I would suggest UnleashX.

Step 12. Three messages will pop up. After reading them, Press A. On the 3rd message, you will get this message: "All requirements pass. Continue Install?" Click Yes.

Step 13. After it is done installing you will get this message: "Softmod successfully installed, your virtual eeprom must be patched, after eeprom, now you'll boot to installer"
Press OK. Now a new message pops up: "The installer will now boot to patching system after it is completed, please turn off Xbox and power back on without game disc to finish install." Click YES.

Step 14. Press eject and take out your disc and then close the tray. Turn it off. Once off, turn it back on by pressing the power button. When it boots up, the UnleashX dashboard will appear with a "Softmod Successful" message. It says that it needs 1 more step to finish the install. PRESS A.

After it's done installing your xbox will automaticly reboot itself and your UnleashX Dashboard should appear. Congratualtions, your xbox is now modded!

now be reminded kiddies that this is what's known as a "softmod" and can very easily mess up the files on your hdd and require you to get a mod chip to fix it.....trust me, i know what i'm talking about...i did a lot of work on the SlaYers 2.7 Auto evox installer for the xbox

I have messed around modding a couple xbox's. The first one I did the memory card corrupted the file and messed up my xbox so that only an error message would come up after I boot it up. I fixed it with a boot disk and unlocked the hdd and modded it from my pc then locked it and put the hdd back into my xbox. Walla, it was a modded xbox. It is pretty hard to mess an xbox beyond repair unless you dont have the eeprom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom