Mobo Question

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have a question that I can not answer so hopefully some of you on this site can help me out. I am currently running an Asus mobo from my HP back from 2008 and I want to upgrade to the 780i board from EVGA. However my Vista(64) is an HP version, I guess, and I have been told before that I may have problems with this OS on a different mobo, I was wondering if this is true ?

Also I can only seem to find the audio drivers but not any other drivers for my mobo, would it be ok if I just uninstall the audio drivers and install the new mobo.

I have one more question, would I have to reformat my HDD by getting a new mobo ?

I would not be asking these questions if I bought my OS seperatley, im just worried if I may encounter any problems with the Vista version from HP, the OS is the same, just trying to be careful. Help is greatly appreciated, and if you think you can tell me something else that can help me out, please feel free to do so, Thank You.

I think it should work just fine. When you reinstall choose an option to not install all the crapware that comes with it. If there is no such option then you will have to manually uninstall them. If you know anyone with Vista CDs I'd say you should borrow it to install Vista. Your CD should work properly. When you install the motherboard you will have to reformat your HDD. Get new drivers from the manufacturer's website, DO NOT use the current drivers unless you have a dedicated sound/video/LAN card.

I think it should work just fine. When you reinstall choose an option to not install all the crapware that comes with it. If there is no such option then you will have to manually uninstall them. If you know anyone with Vista CDs I'd say you should borrow it to install Vista. Your CD should work properly. When you install the motherboard you will have to reformat your HDD. Get new drivers from the manufacturer's website, DO NOT use the current drivers unless you have a dedicated sound/video/LAN card.

Dang man I really hate reformatting my HDD, I also use my PC for buisness reason so I have a lot of files to always save, guess ill have to be getting ready for it. Thanks for the help bro

Sometimes, not always, there will be conflicts between the old and new mobo drivers, you can often get away with just a repair install (so you won't lose your saved data) if you have problems.

When you replace hardware and reinstall the OS, sometimes you may have to give MS a quick call to prove that you're not installing it on another system. You won't have to buy another copy if you're worried about that

Back
Top Bottom