Mobo CPU and RAM

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a quick upgrade on my desktop PC, it's been neglected for the last 3 years or so as i've got a very decent work PC and i usually just remotely log into that for anything i need to do but now i think it's time for an upgrade.

It's currently sitting with an old Dual Core e2160 with 2Gb DDR2 667 RAM.

Im not a gamer at all so i think i've just got an old 7100GS in there. I can see your shocked expressions already :O

I'm just lookng to bring it up to speed a little on a very tight budget. I know the i seris from Intel are in a league of there own but is there anything AMD can offer on the lower end of the budget scale?

I'm looking for 4Gb RAM and a half decent processor and motherboard to be compatible. USB 3.0 would be nice as I will have an external hardrive with music being loaded into my DJ program that could do with being as fast as possible but not essential.

Budget, well £100 would be lovely for all 3 but not practical so i guess i'm looking at £150 - £200.

I have an old 500 Watt PSU, old hard drive, old case and DVD drive so i just need CPU, Mobo and RAM.

What about a Pentium G2100T. It's cheep and it have integrated graphics so you don't need a separately graphics card.
it's a bad GPU it has integrated, but that is to expect. it supports dual monitors though.
your budget is too low for a mid end mobo, so just get what you can afford, as long it is a lga 1155.
RAM is not that expensive. get a 2x2 kit with casL 9. those usually cost around. 30-45£
i found some Corsair XMS3 2 x 2 GB for a low price of 28£.

Thanks guys.

Hammy that would be helpful if it was in the UK :(

Will check out the G2100T i was hoping for a low end i3 i think there going for around £100 or so which leave me maybe £50 for the mobo and £40 for the RAM.

I've seen single sticks of DDR3 4Gb for around £20 so i think i'll get that giving me the chance to get another 4Gb later.

I can see prices in the UK is cheaper then here in Denmark. UK here i come. ^^
I found this on a UK hardware site:
CPU: Intel CPU Core i3 2120 Sandy Bridge Dual Core Processor Socket 1155 - BX80623I32120 - Scan.co.uk
RAM: Corsair Memory XMS3 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop - CMX4GX3M1A1600C9 - Scan.co.uk
MoBO: Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Motherboard micro-ATX USB 3.0/2.0 ErP Ready - Scan.co.uk

CPU = 90£
RAM = 15£
MoBo = 40£
Total = 145£

I don't know if the motherboard is good enough for you. No OC support, only 2 RAM dimm's, No RAID support and Only SATA2.

i also did find this one:
This mobo does have RAID, SATA3 and 4 Dimm's (still no OC). but the price increases with 23£. it cost 63£
MSI H77MA-G43 Intel H77 Socket 1155 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom