mobile phone screen to LCD monitor

rodloc

Beta member
just wondering if it is possible to convert a mobile phone screen to an LCD monitor.

want to take out a screen from broken cellphone with a 3 inch screen that works and change the connection so it can be plugged into a VGA port.

want to create one that i can use in conjunction with HDD media player enclosure so i can select what music i am playing

I'm sure it's possible, locate the wiring style for VGA LCD's and compare it to the wiring style for your phone's LCD. If I weren't in a rush, I would be able and willing to helo you a bit more. I'll see what I can do when I get back.

Please list your phone's model and make and your laptop's model and make. Certain brands use different wiring styles.

couldn't you just put the music on the HDD, rather than going through the trouble of doing something that has the potential of not working?
I don't know, just a thought.

yes i could isaiahk but when it is on HDD i wouldnt be able to see a folder system on it.

and i would really like a small screen but i am sure there arent many screens out there that connect with a VGA connection.

well dont know if the make or model of the phone will do any good sorry it was one of the cheap iphone clone phones that i brought in thailand and it doesnt show a brand.

i could take a photo of the dismantle phone and show it would that help

here goes a pic of the screens connection does that help

http://picasaweb.google.com/rjlockie/Phone#5394223997856933842

Phone

Sure it would work but without knowing the make or model trying figure out how to make it work will be really ruddy hard

Can anybody help me with this project to I would love to connect it. to way tv or connect it to a rear view camera. So please please can somebody show me a step by step ill get the

I have the samsung galaxy prevail and I cant find the pinouts for it, but there are some others that looks the same but can somebody help me with the actual pinouts the model number is sph-m820 and what i dont understand is the -Vlcd- -Vlogic-
-Gnd- and other if i do find out where do i connect the battery and how many volts cause i dont have the battery that came with the phone and where to connect the video signal to see it in the screen. well thank you.

Back
Top Bottom