Mobile Apps and Gadgets have brought in digital revolution, will it replace paper completely?

Steve Watts

Beta member
Going paperless is great for the environment but is it also good for Business! Digitize with online tools, mobile scanning Apps, Planner Apps emphasis on de cluttering and Paperless Revolution. Is it a hype or we can achieve it?

Is it possible? Yes.

Will it happen? No. Hard copy records will always trump digital for a load of reasons.

Going paperless is great for the environment but is it also good for Business! Digitize with online tools, mobile scanning Apps, Planner Apps emphasis on de cluttering and Paperless Revolution. Is it a hype or we can achieve it?
Why do forum noobs always sound like ads instead of normal people?

Is it possible? Yes.

Will it happen? No. Hard copy records will always trump digital for a load of reasons.
Complete eradication of paper is impossible i guess for a couple of years, although minimalistic use can be a possibility and should be encouraged.

Maybe not 100% replaced, but definitely a huge percentage nevertheless. It's quite impossible to be completely replaced. But definitely, businesses of several industries would prefer to push thru with some functions in a paperless manner. And if there's a need for mobile app dev, they can easily tap companies like ICTS Custom Software to help them do the job. Definitely more easy for companies to go along with the digital transformation trend.

I sincerely hope not I like my bills on paper. I have to say though that since computers have taken over I get much more paperwork than I used to get. In the old days, something you lot wont know about, I used to get a handwritten receipt that I stuck on to sharpened wire stake. Now when I buy something I get at least two printed pieces of paper and sometimes 3 or 4 A4 sheets plus an emailed invoice if I have bought online.

It's very rare that I ever use anything that's printed on paper. For my new job all contracts, IDs, signatures etc. were digital and absolutely all my notes and communication is digital since it's 100% work-from-home. All my bills are paperless. All medical, banking, governmental communication is digital with the exception of election stuff. At both of my last jobs, we had to have a huge justification to print anything out for both security and environmental/cost reasons.

Hard copies of stuff will never go away, but they're fast becoming the exception.

While mobile apps and gadgets have certainly revolutionized the way we access and interact with information, it is unlikely that they will completely replace paper in the foreseeable future.

There are still many situations where paper is the preferred or necessary medium, such as in legal contracts, official documents, or physical notes. Additionally, there are still many people who prefer the tactile experience of reading and writing on paper.

Back
Top Bottom