MMG 386 Computer

surfindude72

Beta member
I have recently acquired an actual MMG 386 computer with 133 mhz processor. It's from 1992- has a cdrom(creative labs),floppy- both a 3 and 1/2 and 5 and 1/4 inch in it! My question is- has anyone ever heard of this name brand computer? Even the keyboard has the MMG 386 logo on it!! Can't locate an appropriate driver for the cd rom. Did have win3.1 running. Upgraded to win95..I know, I know..but I was trying to upgrade upwards slowly but can't continue because of cdrom. Even so..I've searched everywhere on the net for any knowledge of this system..paperwork,anything!! I can probably put in another cdrom..but want to keep this original. Anyone out there know of this system?

surfindude72 said:
I have recently acquired an actual MMG 386 computer with 133 mhz processor. It's from 1992- has a cdrom(creative labs),floppy- both a 3 and 1/2 and 5 and 1/4 inch in it! My question is- has anyone ever heard of this name brand computer? Even the keyboard has the MMG 386 logo on it!! Can't locate an appropriate driver for the cd rom. Did have win3.1 running. Upgraded to win95..I know, I know..but I was trying to upgrade upwards slowly but can't continue because of cdrom. Even so..I've searched everywhere on the net for any knowledge of this system..paperwork,anything!! I can probably put in another cdrom..but want to keep this original. Anyone out there know of this system?

Lol, you'll be lucky to find anything about a Computer that old - if you really want to try then I would go to members.Driverguide.com and the username is drivers, password all. If its not on there then its likely non-existant anymore! Good luck if it works!

i have a 386 and 133 mhz is way off they are infact 16mhz i collect old computers i have a couple of working 386s in my collection.

as to running windows 95 it might it might not depends if you 386 is an SX or DX type.

SX had no maths coprocessor and cannot run windows 95 a DX can but very slowly you could have a bath and eat your tea by the time its loaded 95.

What i mean by maths coprocessor is modern cpus have there maths capabilities built in but back in the 386 days they had a coprocessor along side ther cpu to help it out they where called 386DX chips.
386SX had no coprocessor so had to the maths work themselves aand where painfully slow windows 95 as old as it is will realise u have a 386sx and will refuse to run....end of!!

u do also realise a 386 had a maximum ram configuration of 16mb?

if you want to run that computer do as i do grab a copy of windows for work groups 3.11 and get the most out of the machine. its what i do and im able to network it and share resources and go on line.

hth

Introduced October 17, 1985
Clock speeds:
16MHz with 5 to 6 MIPS
2/16/1987 20MHz with 6 to 7 MIPS
4/4/1988 25MHz with 8.5 MIPS
4/10/1989 33MHz with 11.4 MIPS (9.4 SPECint92 on Compaq/i 16K L2)
Bus Width 32 bits
Number of Transistors 275,000 at 1 micron
Addressable memory 4 gigabytes
Virtual memory 64 terabytes
First X86 chip to handle 32-bit data sets
Reworked and expanded memory protection support including paged virtual memory and virtual-86 mode, features required by Windows 95 and OS/2 Warp
Used in Desktop computing
Can address enough memory to manage an eight-page history of every person on earth
Can scan the Encyclopædia Britannica in 12.5 seconds
80386SX
Introduced June 16, 1988
Clock speeds:
16MHz with 2.5 MIPS
1/25/1989 20MHz with 2.5 MIPS, 25MHz with 2.7 MIPS
10/26/1992 33MHz with 2.9 MIPS
Internal architecture 32 bits
External bus width 16 bits
Number of Transitors 275,000 at 1 micron
Addressable memory 16 megabytes
Virtual memory 256 gigabytes
16-bit address bus enable low cost 32-bit processing
Built in multitasking
Used in entry-level desktop and portable computing

hope this helps a bit

surfindude72 said:

Who,wait a minute,
Upgraded to win95..I know, I know..but I was trying to upgrade upwards slowly but can't continue
========
because of cdrom
W95 is on cd.it worked.How did you establish the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys information ?
eg:C:\cdrom\mscdex.exe/D:MSCD001
ETC.
=========
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom