MLB Flash ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

melcher88

Baseband Member
Recently, I've experience an error on the website www.mlb.com . When it loads the page, all of it loads except for a box in the top left where, normally, a slide show of current events in baseball are shown.

First I refreshed the page as recommended, but no dice. Next, I tried uninstalling and re-installing both Flash Player (7) and Java JRE (version 5), but the "slide show" part still doesn't load. I've come to the conclusion that my problem is due to a plug-in conflict, but im not entirely sure what the problem is. If there's any information you can help with, or if there's any newer or different applications I should try, please let me know. Thanks- Tim

I've included a link to what the browser looks like by clicking HERE

Glider

Banned
Yes obviously it is to do with your plug-ins

You are using IE

Download the free browser 'FireFox', it works well and I bet you will have the problem sorted.

melcher88

Baseband Member
I thought the same thing too Glider, but I did that already and instead of saying that it's "temporarily unavailable"...it just doesn't show up at all. It simply shows a white box

Glider

Banned
Sounds stupid but you are sure it's not just that site,

does music and video work on other sites,

do you contact 'mlb.com' with the e-mail displayed.

Glider

Banned
It is your browser/computer,

the video played for me in Broadband Option, I had went to Narrowband were it didn't play.

melcher88

Baseband Member
Yes, same problems:(

I did try to email mlb.com about the problem, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. As for the the music and video, where should I test that? Should I just got to shockwave.com or something?

This whole situation is confusing me, I didn't have this problem 2 weeks ago...

ZeroX

Daemon Poster
you should give firefox a try just to test things out.

www.getfirefox.com

in firefox when something is missing on the page it will show a bar at the top of the screen telling you what you are missing and where to get it from.

this would be a quick solution to your problem.

melcher88

Baseband Member
The only thing, ZeroX, is that I've already had Firefox and I've went through downloading the plug-ins....so I have them, but it doesn't work:( ....I think I have two of the same plug-ins (but different versions) which, im guessing, confuses the computer as to which plug-in to use. If I could wipe the slate clean without totally re-installing windows for a java/flash plug-in error I would, but I don't know how to go about doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.