Mixing OCZ ram sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithcobra95

Baseband Member
My computer currently has OCZ 2x512 Dual Ch PC 3200 (2-2-2-5)gold edition ram sticks, and a buddy of mine just gave me OCZ 2x1024 Dual Ch PC 3200(2-3-2-5) platinum edition ram sticks.

Can I mix them together? If so how should I place them on the motherboard (Next to each other or alternating? ) I have 4 slots

Any other input would be much appreciated. Thanks

They should work, but you never know until you try. How is your memory installed right now? I would install them into whatever slots are presently available. If that doesn't work then try them the other way. Are your memory slots colored by chance? If they are colored you want to put the same size module in the same colored slot. The latencies should default to the slower values, if they don't you may have to set them yourself (2-3-2-5).

Both sticks should default to the lowest latency. As Slay said, but you never know until you try. You're not going to burn your board doing this. It works, or it doesn't, in most cases.

Thanks for the help. Turns out they were color coordinated so i stuck them in the same colors. It worked perfectly! appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom