Missing file?

Chargertastic

Beta member
Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem which does require a bit of a story.
I was on my computer in the evening and everything was fine, I leave for the night and come home to dad telling me there over 200 viruses on my computer. So he said downloaded an A-V and Spyware program from what he thought were 'repretable' sites. I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong and where they came from but these 2 damn programs kept popping up constantly, even though we had to buy them to use them.
Eventually I got hold of MC Afee for BTBroadband protection, ran the scan and it came with 5 viruses altogether, not 200. It removed 2 and gave me the choice to remove the other 3, which I did. I then managed to uninstall the the spyware program (Spyware Doctor I think) but it would not let me remove the A-V (System Securtiy) so I had to search for all associated files and delete them.
My problem is everytime I log on, or every now and then, I get the message below in front of the black box you use when running the 'cmd' command in 'Run...'

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\DOCUME~1\Dan\LOCALS~1\Temp\~tmpa.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal construction.
CS:06c9 IP:0113 OP:ff ff ff d4 d0 Choose close to terminate the program.

About 5 of these will pop up at 1 time, all I can guess is that I deleted the file when I removed (though I can't remember if it was this file).
Anyone have any ideas that could help me to make sure there are no more viruses or if I've done something wrong? Thanks.

Also this System Security has made itself comfy on my system again even though I deleted all its files. Theres no uninstall option, or remove program and it doesnt have a file on my computer, I have no idea how to get rid of it. Any ideas please?

Back
Top Bottom