Missing Ethernet Controller

Bokonon

Beta member
Greetings,

It's been a while since my last thread. You guys help me a lot, in lots of things love yall so much.

Today i'm facing a little "pain". I was repairing my notebook that i use to work with. It was a HD with reading errors, i substituted it for a good one, formated with win7, installed the default softwares that I use to work, etc. Everything is fine. But then I realized that I just can't [edited] access the internet via cable.

The drivers are properly installed, downloaded directly from the manufacturer. Some interesting things are:

1- It recognize for some time, tried to connect, and doesn't connected at all (Cable Disconnected:Icon)

2- Windows tried to install the Ethernet Controller but it recognizes it as "Unkown".

3- Tried to install similar drivers but all failed.

4- Wirelless network works great.

The real problem:

For some very unkown reason, the computers on the company can't be "domain configured" without using Ethernet cable. Dunno dunno dunno. That's where the pain starts.
If you could help me to solve the Ethernet Controller issue or either help me with the domain "weirdness", my soul would be released from this torture. If you ask me I'll create another thread for the domain problem, or use this one (I'm not sure if I can ask more than one thing at once)

Here are my specs:

Notebook. Model: CCE Info BPS.
Further informations are not shown on Aida 64 or CPU-Z. Like the motherboard. Please send help. I'm slowly dying.

Last edited:
I have tried all kinds of drivers and it didn't solve. It happens that the Ethernet is not working for sure. Centainly, it's a motherboard problem. I managed to use an usb-lan adapter, and it worked. The wireless network is working too. Thanks.

I have tried all kinds of drivers and it didn't solve. It happens that the Ethernet is not working for sure. Centainly, it's a motherboard problem. I managed to use an usb-lan adapter, and it worked. The wireless network is working too. Thanks.
Take a flash light and look inside that ethernet port, check to make sure all the tiny wires are aligned and in the proper place, I've seen them tiny ethernet wires inside the ethernet port get bent or stuck in an upward position and not make good contact with the ethernet cable male end.
You can re-align and straighten very carefully with a small dental pick (be sure to disconnect power and pull the battery first

Back
Top Bottom