Minors that support a BSCS degree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitesoldier

In Runtime
What should I choose for a minor? I want something that is closely related to CS related topics (Applied CS rather). I was thinking an accounting minor, but both the schools I am going to be going to don't offer them. They only offer a minor in business administration.

Heres a list of minors I can choose from:
Undergraduate Minors

Cal State Fullerton is known for business and graduate more business students than any other school in the Cal State system.

Here's what I think you should do. Call and ask for the computer science department head and talk with him about it. Then call UCI and talk with their computer science department head. You probably have not done any of this and are relying on academic counselors. Given that it is the rest of your life and this is a big decision, it behooves you to choose carefully.

If it were me, knowing what I know now, I would be entering the field of biotechnology as a scientist; however, it really is your choice to make.

Another good choice is get your computer science degree with a minor in business administration and then a law degree afterwards. Specialize in that and you'll be sick rich some day.

Actually, I've talked with the computer science head over at Cal State once before and he's got his head in the past still churning out traditional programmers as if those jobs were not being outsourced right now. I have not talked with the UCI department head but I bet he's a lot more out of the box. So keep that in mind. You are looking at ALL your options right now and not a starring role in the "Falling Down" sequel due out in 2016... lol. You want to find a career path to run on that will be around in fifteen years. Peace.

I doubt if many people we be that concerned with your minor. Pick something that you think would benefit you, in terms of knowledge.

Minors just give you the upper hand on a job or grad school. For instance take Bioinformatics. Most of the people who get into grad school are CS majors, because it is incredibly hard for a biologist to learn CS. So they are looking for under grads with a major in CS and a minor in math or biology. This is the same for careers in physics and other informatics. But an accounting minor would not do you any good unless you were a CIS major.

However I am curious, What makes you want to get a minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom