Mini Mp3 Player Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaFan

Solid State Member
I am looking to get a new mini Mp3 player to use while I am running. I have a couple in mind but I am not sure which one is best. Anyone have any experience with any of the ones listed below? Thanks

Creative Zen Stone 1GB (this one got good ratings on CNET)

Klegg 1GB Mini Mp3 Player (I have gotten a Klegg product before and liked it, so that is the only reason I am considering this one)

Cowon iAudio U2 1GB (another one rated well on CNET though I have never heard of this company)

I'd get a Creative.. its really good.. wayy better than any stupid iPod Shuffle.. a lot of techies will tell u to get the Creative because they are just underated.. i swear if Creative Zen's were advertised as much as iPod's they'd crush iPods

I have a Zen Stone Plus (2 gig). Same as the Stone, but it has a little screen so you can see what song and other info. Go for a Stone or Stone Plus.

I bought my wife a 2nd gen Shuffle, and the Stone Plus stomps it. plus, I just had to have Apple replace her Shuffle because it died in a month.

Lol I saw this thread and immediately thought to recommend the Creative Stone or Stone Plus, too. Excellent little MP3 cheaper and waaaay better than a Shuffle.

Defiantly go with a Creative. They make the best quality mp3 players available. I know several people who own the Zen V Plus and love it. I would check it out if it is in your price range

Zens are ok, i had one before but to me they're to chunky for me, and too expensive. I got rid of it and got my self a Samsung YP-Z5 2GB for under $50 bucks (BTW i Hate this one too) stup1d Synchronizing crap

OK so here is what I did. I went by the electronics store to see what they had available. They had both the Creative Labs ZEN Stone Plus 2GB (thanks for the recommendation) and the Klegg player. They were both on sale so I decided to get both, and whichever one I don't like I will bring it back or just pass it on to my niece. I have listed out some of the advantages of each down below for anyone who cares.

ZEN Stone - easier to control than the Klegg model, holds 2GB (instead of the 1GB for the Klegg), has built in stopwatch, countdown, and clock which is great for running, and good battery life

Klegg - $20 cheaper, has color LCD capable of showing pictures in a slide show, will display the lyrics to songs if you load the right file, has an ebook file (havent tried this out and I am not sure how reasonable this is considering the size), and good battery life

They both have FM radio and voice recording. They also both sound great with the play back of my songs.

My conclusion thus far (though I will try them both out a bit more) is that the ZEN is better for working out and running while the Klegg will be better for my niece who is more likely to enjoy the photo and lyric capabilities than I ever will.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom