Minecraft server?

Let's see what Luke wants to do. If he doesn't come through I know for sure my buddy will toss his up. Idk what all he has going on with his server but it's better than nothing and can be migrated.

Yea that's why I said what I said. I'm basically offering hosting services for free. I'm not compiling or running the Minecraft server, only giving people an opportunity to just go wild with one for free until the upload gets capped. In a perfect world it would be better to get together instead of compete, but I'm not competing only offering a free service. Sort of like the ARK server, which I did setup. Nothing fancy, just something that people can use if they like and ask for things if they want it. I was asked to put the Stargate teleporters in which I'm probably doing this weekend. I'm really not an ******* like some people think on this forum, I'm really nice and just like to help. Context through text is a bitch though. I also don't like the guys that have all this cool **** and brag about it and do nothing with it. I have a lot of stuff laying around doing realistically nothing and there are a ton of people without such things available that would dream of having. Just trying to make this stuff available because this place is like my home. I mean hell, every year I give a piece of hardware away for Christmas to long term TF members. :lol:

I wonder if iFargle would want to migrate his since I know he lives south of me in the boonies. Not much net out there unfortunately. @iFargle how many people do you normally host for?

Edit: And no, I'm not looking to try and make money off this either if anybody saw the charge as that exception. It would only be necessary if the up cap is hit so I can upgrade services to better serve the server. If they don't want to they're obviously of course free to move to a host if they want.

I have co-owned an MC server with a friend of mine, I have a fair knowledge of how to run one. I'm not to sure on the whole net and server side of it but in game with plugins and using them (especially PEX and groupmanager) I am quite knowledgeable. Just drop me a PM and I'd be very happy to help. :)

I haven't had my server in about a year. I handed that off after I started my current job :tongue: peak was 30ish players

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Agreed, it's very much a nice gesture from PP to offer up his "datacenter" setup for free for us.

Hey PP, throw up some web server VM's for me while you're at it :p.

Sorry man. I wasnt trying to go against your kind gesture. You're just usually really snide so I guess of how i've seen you word things in the past gives me a general impression that I instead should continue to establish - not assume I know you.

Sorry man, its cool you're doing this. I've ran MC servers for years. They've formed communities like TF and from those communities i've made friends that I am still friends with today. So I guess you can say that my heart is invested into MC servers which is why when I invest myself into a project I want to be pragmatic about its goals. I'm like the devoted WOW kid of MC communities lol; and similarly both types of people are very passionate about their hobby.
And that's me and I typed that because I know my text comes off with the context that I'm very arrogant or aggressive but computers and the technology affiliated I'm very passionate about and it's my extreme hobby. I'm not like the import kid that's a total ******* and a troll but rather just want to make sure that people get the best bang for their buck and I have absolutely no issue backing my stuff up with facts. I can be aggressive in that, especially in debates.

Now if you're referring to some other threads toward certain people, ha yea I can be a straight *******. You have to really push my buttons though. In this case, just trying to be generous and help people enjoy themselves. It genuinely makes me happy to help people, especially those not as fortunate as I in tech. Just ask Trotter, he still uses the 760 I gave him :p

I have co-owned an MC server with a friend of mine, I have a fair knowledge of how to run one. I'm not to sure on the whole net and server side of it but in game with plugins and using them (especially PEX and groupmanager) I am quite knowledgeable. Just drop me a PM and I'd be very happy to help. :)
All I'm doing is providing the means necessary to host, not actually setup the software/server. If you have the knowledge and want to get with Luke (if he wants) or anybody hit me up with a PM and I'll have the VM ready by tomorrow.

Basically all I'm doing is dedicating bandwidth and a portion of my server (4 cores, 16GB of RAM to start) in a VM and tossing Teamviewer on it so the admin or server manager can remote in and do what they need to do to host the Minecraft server. Think of it like renting a host but in this case it's free until we start hitting limitations in upload bandwidth.

Agreed, it's very much a nice gesture from PP to offer up his "datacenter" setup for free for us.

Hey PP, throw up some web server VM's for me while you're at it :p.
You know how to message me on FB brah.

I don't start arguments when you're posting on other peoples stuff, i just leave my thoughts and comments to myself. You might be a dick sometimes, but you are still helping them.

Now if you're referring to some other threads toward certain people, ha yea I can be a straight *******.

And snide? Yea it hits the nail on the head when you are being a dick to other members lol

an unpleasant or underhanded person or remark.

But this thread has become less about a minecraft and more about your generosity.
^ This is me returning the snide lol

You are generous; just not gracious.

I don't start arguments when you're posting on other peoples stuff, i just leave my thoughts and comments to myself. You might be a dick sometimes, but you are still helping them.

And snide? Yea it hits the nail on the head when you are being a dick to other members lol

But this thread has become less about a minecraft and more about your generosity.
^ This is me returning the snide lol

You are generous; just not gracious.
Depends on who's speaking to me, or in the case of the forums typing. To friends I'm pretty damn nice. Wouldn't say gracious, but nice.

But yes, I'll ask the thread to be cleaned up once we have interest. If not it can be left dead on the internet. The reason it was even brought up is because you were being pretty negative towards a simple gesture.

Anyways, your FTP is setup.

I was really just trying to be pragmatic about MC deployment... which is COMPLETLY different from what you're offering because its with such LL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom