Mikes Groovin & Ethereal_Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustynF

Baseband Member
Just wanted to say thanks for lending a ear on my network problem. I found the solution today. Basically all I did was setup a secondary Ip on FA0 interface without creating a subinterface.
Conf t
interface FA0
ip add 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0 secondary

Then I added it into the eigrp list and then the access-list at the headend 2610 router to it would Nat to the cloud.

My next question how do get three different servers to talk to each other through three different networks? I looked and I didn't see IPX as option on the router. We have four Novell servers and I would like to be able to pull files off them from a tale site to another. I thought of one way, by putting one nic on the same network at each site but then it would mess up the loadbalancing. On the switching side we are just running 3com unmanaged switches so thats a dead end.

No problem at all... I am happy that the secondary IP command worked for you. To be honest, in all of the CCNA material I poured over before my exam I can't remember seeing that one at all... perhaps it's in CCNP exams... So we BOTH learned something...

I have some stuff to take care of (at work right now.. lol), so I will think about the server issue when I get a chance.)

Just wanted to give a heads up that I am not familiar at all with servers or Novell....

I remember from your orher thread that you are running a Cisco 1720 router with IOS v12.0.... Do you have the specific BUILD of the IOS? There are several builds of the 12.0 IOS. It appears that some do support IPX.

Are you able to ping each other server from a server's IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom