Might get a couple free Harddrives and RAM

superman22x

Golden Master
So my work is giving away these Dell computers. They are too old for our school, and my job was to pull the Harddrive out of them to put in some of our homemade computers that only have 6gb harddrives. Well, three of the computers, gx280s, had 40gb SATA harddrives, they were newer ones. Well, the computers can't take SATA harddrives, so they might be giving those away, and I will take those then. I wasn't told to take the RAM, so that's throw away, but since they were 512mb PC3200 and PC2100 sticks(3 of each) they may want to keep them, but if they dont, I will take those too.
Think I could use those SATA drives in a triple RAID 0 array and put Linux or something on them?
And the RAM I figured I could just sell, lol.

Cool. Them "tech giveaways" are what I cash in on. I have two Compaq D530s that a company gave me that I use as servers. I upgraded them and they work like a champ.

Well, I ended up getting the 3 40gb SATAs and a 15gb quantum fireball, a 20gb seagate, and a 40gb WD that says bad on it, but idk if it's really bad or not, I'm gonna look into that.

Back
Top Bottom